Thank you for downloading the Autodesk AutoCAD®2017.1 Update or the AutoCAD LT®2017.1 Update.
This readme contains important information regarding the installation and contents of this Update.
Update of Other Language Packs- Be sure also to install the updates of all language packs being updated.
Updates to AutoCAD are now separate and independent of the updates for AutoCAD-based vertical products. You will need to install the AutoCAD update in addition to any applicable update for your vertical products.
This change enables Autodesk to release updates in a more timely fashion.
Return to Top
The following table lists the new features provided in this update:
New Feature or Feature Enhancement
|Import PDF||Feature Enhancement||PDFSHXTEXT is a command that you can use after you import a PDF file that contains SHX geometry. It converts any selected PDF geometry into multiline text objects that use a matching SHX font. Several popular SHX fonts are supported. However, Asian Big Font SHX geometry is currently not supported.
Commands: PDFSHXTEXT , -PDFSHXTEXT , TXT2MTXT
|High Resolution Monitor Support(High Pixels per Inch)||New Feature||In the AutoCAD 2017.1 Update, common user interface elements, such as the Layer Manager, Command Line window, Property Palette, File Navigation dialog box, pick box cursor, grips, View Cube, and UCS icon, are correctly adjusted to the Windows setting for the display scale.
|Object Selection||Feature Enhancement||Objects that are moved off screen during selection remain in the selection set. All linetype gaps can be selected and available for object snapping when High Quality Geometry is turned on.
System variables: SELECTIONOFFSCREEN, LTGAPSELECTION
|3D Graphics Performance||Feature Enhancement||The performance and reliability of 3DORBIT is improved for rendered visual styles, especially for models with a large number of small blocks containing edges and facets.
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix the problems listed below:
- Fixed occasional crashes when inserting some blocks a second time.
- Fixed occasional crashes when zooming out of a drawing following the 3D Orbit command.
- Fixed occasional crashes when purging DXF drawing files.
Web and Cloud
- Fixed occasional crashes when modifying the Online Options settings and signing in to Autodesk A360 from InfoCenter.
- Fixed occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD in Windows 10.
- Fixed occasional crashes when inputting the system time in long string format, and then using the DIM command.
- Fixed occasional crashes when switching layouts.
- Fixed occasional crashes when performing a 3D rotate in drawings containing a point cloud.
- Fixed occasional crashes when performing an Undo after detaching a reference using the External References palette.
- Fixed occasional crashes when PNG images were specified in a CUI resource file.
The following defects have been fixed:
- Fixed. Xrefs on a frozen viewport layer would still be plotted.
- Fixed. AutoCAD in Citrix might not default to the primary display adapter.
Open and Save
- Fixed. Opening a drawing file using an Excel hyperlink was repositioning the AutoCAD application window.
- Fixed. Importing a PDF Underlay that was attached with relative path could fail.
- Fixed. The Xref status incorrectly displays the "Needs reloading" message when the dataset is opened from a UNC path to a shared folder.
- Fixed. When opening drawings created with AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD might crash if the drawing was saved again.
- Fixed. Plotting with certain visual styles might produce incorrect results.
- Fixed. Migrating custom settings might fail.
- Some AutoCAD vertical product dialog boxes may not be optimized for viewing at scales greater than 100% on high resolution monitors.
We want to express our appreciation to all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. Your reports gave us the opportunity to improve the product for everyone's benefit. We also thank you for your continued business, and for your valuable feedback regarding this release.
The Autodesk AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT Product Team
Copyright ©2016 Autodesk, Inc.