Autodesk® PowerMill 2017
Service Pack 5 Fixes
PowerMill 2017 Service Pack 5 Fixes Readme
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, this update introduces new fixes or addresses issues pertaining to the release.
This readme contains information about the fixes contained in this update.
Service Pack 5 Fixes apply to the Autodesk PowerMill 2017 release (version: 21.0.30).
- Stop crashes when importing a machine tool from a file that lacks an extension in its name.
- Stop hangs when detecting features in a model.
- Fix a problem that prevented the shaded view of the stock model from being displayed correctly.
- The drag handles in the block editor behave correctly when the active workplane is different from a workplane used to define the block.
- Stop the name of a tool holder imported from a file from changing to that of the tool when the overhang is modified.
- The tool number is displayed properly in German and Spanish locales.
- Stop crashes when calculating a vortex toolpath.
- Stop hangs when calculating a corner clearance toolpath and, when calculating a steep and shallow toolpath.
- Stop a gouge from occurring when calculating a raster finishing toolpath with a negative radial thickness and a ballnosed tool.
- The Single Blade Finishing strategy now takes proper account of values in imperial units.
- Toolpaths do not transgress a shallow boundary that is at the top of a vertical wall.
- Fixture offset toolpaths are simulated correctly when using an output workplane that is not at the origin.
- Stop an error message that complains of a discrepancy between the start of a lead in and the centre of the drill hole from being issued unnecessarily when attempting to write a drilling toolpath.
- Cutter compensation is applied correctly when using leads with redistributed points.
- Stop issuing an error when reading an option file whose extension is capitalized.
PowerMill Robot Interface Plugin
- The moves along an arc are checked for collisions.
We thank all of our customers who identified these issues and reported them
to Autodesk. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and
provide you with the best manufacturing solutions. Autodesk also thanks
you for your continued support and feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk PowerMill Product Team