Thank you for downloading the Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2018.1.2 Update.
This readme contains important information regarding the installation and contents of the Update.
Important: The AutoCAD 2018.1.2 Update contains all of the updates previously released for AutoCAD 2018.
AutoCAD Updates can be applied to AutoCAD installed as a standalone application and AutoCAD-based vertical products. You can install the AutoCAD update in addition to any applicable updates for your vertical products listed below.
AutoCAD and Vertical Products:
After applying this patch, the Product Version in the About box will be listed as O.161.0.0 AutoCAD 2018.1.2 Update. If you use one of the vertical products, the Built On version will be listed as O.161.0.0 AutoCAD 2018.1.2 Update.
Return to Top
The following table summarizes the new features and enhancements provided in the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update. For detailed information, consult the AutoCAD 2018.1 Update Preview Guide.
New Feature or Feature Enhancement
|Xref Layer Property Enhancements||New Feature||To provide more flexibility for controlling xref overrides, the Layer Settings dialog box, which is accessed from the Layer Properties Manager, includes new controls for managing Xref layer properties. When the option to retain overrides to xref layer properties is turned on with the VISRETAIN system variable, you can now specify which xref layer properties that you want to reload. The various layer property options are stored in the registry as specified by the new VISRETAINMODE system variable. The Layer Properties Manager also includes a new status icon to indicate when a layer associated with an xref includes overrides.
Primary commands and system variables: LAYER, VISRETAIN, VISRETAINMODE, XREFOVERRIDE
|Views and Viewports||New Feature||You can now easily create, retrieve, and place model views together with automatically sized and scaled layout viewports onto the current layout. When selected, layout viewport objects display two additional grips, one for moving the viewport, and the other for setting the display scale from a list of commonly used scales.
Primary commands and system variables: MVIEW, NEWVIEW
|High resolution (4K) monitor support||Feature Enhancement||Support for high resolution monitors continues to be improved in the Update. More than 200 dialog boxes and other User Interface elements have been updated to ensure a quality viewing experience on high-resolution (4K) displays.
For the best results, use the Windows 10 operating system and a compatible video card.
|3D Graphics Performance||Feature Enhancement||The 3D graphics performance for the Wireframe, Realistic, and Shaded visual styles continues to increase depending on the content of the DWG files tested. For example, the median value for the frames-per-second performance in the six large benchmark models used increased by 37% in the Update as compared to AutoCAD 2018.
Primary commands and system variables: 3DORBIT, ZOOM, PAN, VSCURRENT
Return to Top
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix several defects with the following results:
- Occasional crashes when ending an AutoCAD session using specific API code no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when editing an undefined hatch pattern no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when opening certain DXF files no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when switching the visual style to 3D after using the PDFCLIP command no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when right-clicking the drawing from the Start tab no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when saving to the AutoCAD 2004/LT 2004 Drawing format or an earlier format no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when opening the block editor no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when selecting or creating a non-associative hatch no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when clicking the Insert View button on the ribbon in some drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when modifying certain dimension styles no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when editing the grip of a spotlight in some drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when opening DXF files containing Xrefs no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when adding color schemes to point clouds no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when detaching external references in some visual styles no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when importing or attaching DGN drawings with some spline types no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when getting the UCS coordinate values from a dimension no longer occur.
Return to Top
Several additional defects have been fixed with the following results:
- Publishing annotative multiline attributes no longer results in incorrect annotative scaling.
- PFB fonts can now be compiled successfully as SHX files.
- The border of a mask is no longer plotted in PDFs when, from the Plot dialog box, PDF Options, Merge Control, the Lines Merge option is specified.
- Right-clicking in the Block Editor no longer displays an error message in the Command window.
- Certain text styles are no longer upside down when printed to PDF.
- Self-Intersecting wipeouts in a block will perform as expected when plotted.
- A defect that would otherwise have caused the product subscription to expire on June 1st, 2017 with a pre-release product error message is fixed.
- The ability to input values for the Material Editor Palette is restored.
- Digitally signed AutoLISP files can be loaded as expected.
- The properties of complex linetypes are now supported by standards files (.dws).
- AutoCAD no longer hangs on Windows 10 when copying objects between AutoCAD 2018 and AutoCAD 2017.
- Crossing Window and Fence selection can select objects that are not on the current UCS XY plane.
- The Digital Signature Warning dialog box does not display on every save or autosave operation.
- Plot preview performance is improved on some drawings that previously were slower than expected.
- The attribute position of a block remains the same after editing the block.
- PDF files plotted from certain drawings now display correctly in Adobe Reader.
- Hatch patterns in PDF files are consistent with lineweight.
- Raster images are plotted correctly when Shadeplot is set to the Rendered option.
- The AEC property-set data in DWG files can be successfully exported to 3D DWF files.
- Certain Pro/E files can now be successfully imported into AutoCAD.
- The image of a Web URL in the drawing displays correctly.
- No error dialog box displays after completing certain Model Documentation commands.
- The characters show correctly when using double-byte characters with certain settings.
PDF / Plot
- PDF files plotted using certain visual styles display correctly.
- The plot result remains correct after changing the visual style in model space.
- Object snap settings remain turned on during view editing commands.
- AutoCAD startup time and network drive scanning speed are improved.
- The dynamic input tooltips for dimensions display correctly on all supported operating systems.
Return to Top
Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Return to Top
We want to express our appreciation to all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. Your reports gave us the opportunity to improve the quality of the product. We also thank you for your continued business, and for your valuable feedback regarding this release.
The Autodesk AutoCAD Product Team
Return to Top
Copyright ©2018 Autodesk, Inc.