2018.2 Update Readme
Thank you for downloading the Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2018.2 Update.
This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and
use of this update. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire
document before you apply this update to your product. For reference, you should save this document to your hard drive or print a copy.
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update can be applied to AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 and to instances of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 that have had the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update applied. The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update includes the features in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update except for the Infrastructure Parts Editor. For information on the contents of the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update please see the following document:
Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update Readme
Note: You can install Infrastructure Parts Editor separately from either your Autodesk® Account or the Autodesk® Desktop App.
You can apply this update to the following Autodesk products running on all
supported operating systems and languages. Be sure to install the correct
update for your software.
You can also use the Autodesk Desktop App to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct updates for your product.
Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1
C3D 2018.2 Update.exe
Return to Top
The following enhancements have been included in the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update:
Design Efficiency Updates
Profile Layout Direction:
- Draw fixed profile tangents and lay out profiles in either a left-to-right or right-to-left direction when using the Fixed Tangent (Two Points) command and the Draw Tangents and Draw Tangents With Curves commands. Previously these commands required using a left-to-right layout direction.
Vertical Curves in Offset Profile Slope Transition Regions:
- Vertical curves are now created in slope transition regions for offset profiles. Previously, where vertical curves were present in the parent profile, offset profiles were created with tangent segments in slope transition regions instead of vertical curves.
Rail Turnouts and Crossings Commands:
- Create and edit rail turnouts and crossovers using the Rail Turnouts and Crossings commands. These commands can be found in Toolspace > Toolbox > AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Update 2 > Rail Turnouts and Crossings.
- A variety of PKT-format subassemblies are included in this update, including new subassemblies and subassemblies that were previously included in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 v1 Enhancements release. Details on specific subassemblies that are included can be found in the New Features in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Help topic.
- The Use Targets On the Same Side As the Subassembly check box was added to the Set Width Or Offset Target dialog box in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.1 Update.
- When this check box is selected, the subassembly will use a target that matches the Side parameter specified for the subassembly (if a target on the same side is specified). For example, if the Side parameter of a subassembly is Right, then a target on the right side of the baseline is used. If multiple targets are on the same side, then the Selection Choice If Multiple Targets Are Found option is applied.
Note: When this check box is selected, a target on the other side will not be used unless there are no targets specified on the same side. In that case, the first target in the Selected Entities to Target list will be used.
- When this check box is cleared, the subassembly can use a specified target on either side. If multiple targets are specified, then the Selection Choice If Multiple Targets Are Found option is applied and will use the nearest or farthest target on either side.
Note: When the Selection Choice If Multiple Targets Are Found option is applied, the distance between the baseline and the target is calculated as a positive value, regardless of the side of the target.
Pressure Network Content:
Production Efficiency Updates
3D Solid Crossing Appearance Control in Section Views:
- Control the appearance of 3D solid crossings that use the style option by modifying the properties of the 3D solid layer. For example, the color of a 3D solid crossing that uses the option is now controlled by the color of the layer associated with the 3D solid rather than by the projection style associated with the solid.
Multi-Select Projection and Crossing Styles in Section Views:
- Control the appearance of crossing and projected objects and labels using Shift-select and Ctrl-select. Previously, projected and crossing object or label styles could be controlled one at a time.
Collaboration Efficiency Updates
Autodesk Civil Engineering Data Translator:
- Translate AutoCAD® Civil 3D® files to files that can be used in Bentley® GEOPAK® and Bentley®InRoads®, and translate GEOPAK and InRoads files to files that can be used in AutoCAD Civil 3D. These commands can be found in Toolspace > Toolbox > AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Update 2 > Autodesk Civil Engineering Data Translator.
Return to Top
The following issues have been resolved in the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update:
- An issue where the Daylight Bench subassembly failed to find the daylight point at certain slopes has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the ribbon to display as blank when a corridor section was selected has been resolved.
- An issue that caused a corridor to display an inconsistent station range for the same segment in different viewports has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the arrangement of cross sections in legacy drawings to return to a previous location has been resolved.
- An issue where turning off the visibility of a component in the Projection Styles dialog box also changed the visibility of objects in cross sections has been resolved.
- An issue where a multiple selection of objects on the Projections and Crossings tab of the Section View Properties dialog box did not allow editing of the properties of the entire selection has been resolved.
- An issue that prevented a crossing label style from being assigned to a crossing 3D polyline in a section view using the Properties Palette has been resolved.
- An issue has been resolved where a projected feature line or survey figure that had been set to use a crossing marker style was not displayed in the section view as expected.
- An issue that caused the elevation of a feature line to change when editing the elevation of another feature line that was snapped to the PI of the first feature line has been resolved.
Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks
- An issue that caused the centerline of a pipe network to not honor the Bylayer color and linetype properties after a change to a different layer has been resolved.
- An issue that caused pipes and structures to not preview with expected layer properties has been resolved.
- An issue that caused descriptions to be missing for fittings or appurtenances has been resolved.
- An issue that caused hatching to display incorrectly after editing a profile has been resolved.
- An issue in the French version of AutoCAD Civil 3D where a pipe label in a profile view was not displaying a dot arrow head style when set to that style in a dragged state has been resolved.
- An issue where, in some cases, an update to a reference template caused a change to the elevation of a pipe has been resolved.
- An issue that caused the order of reference templates to change in the Manage Referenced Template Settings dialog box after making a change to a source template has been resolved.
Road Rehab Corridors
- The depth value in the Rehab Parameters palette has been updated to display values that match the precision of the corresponding dimension.
- An issue that caused the milling and leveling report to display incorrect values has been resolved.
- In the Subassembly Properties dialog box, the link to the Help has been updated.
- An issue where all the rehab corridors were displayed as highlighted when a single rehab corridor was selected has been resolved.
- An issue where the Rehab Parameters palette displayed blank values after using the Undo command to revert a changed value has been resolved.
- An issue that caused AutoCAD Civil 3D to become unresponsive after modifying a rehab coridor, closing the Rehab Corridor Editor, and then using the Undo command to undo multiple operations has been resolved.
- Performance when modifying an accepted cross slope in theRehab Manager has been improved.
- Stability when using the Move to Site command has been improved.
- The Traverse Editor now supports the use of "*" and "/" characters for distance and length.
- An issue where the dialog box for creating an object reference was not displayed when it was expected to has been resolved.
- An issue where some AutoCAD Civil 3D objects were shown on plots despite being on a frozen layer has been resolved.
- The Learn page now displays the AutoCAD Learning Tips.
- The stability of AutoCAD Civil 3D has been improved when opening a drawing.
Return to Top
As you prepare to install this update, keep the following in mind:
Back Up Custom Files
It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this update.
During installation or uninstallation, you may be
prompted for the original installation media or a network image. In order to apply this update, you must have privileges to install and uninstall products.
Administrators can deploy this update
over a network using the Deployment Wizard.
Close the Application
When you are installing this update, a prompt with options to "Automatically close applications and attempt to restart them after setup is complete" or "Ignore" may be displayed. It is required that you close Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2018 before proceeding with the installation of the Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2018.2 Update.
After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
About Your Product
After you install, product information displays in the About dialog box.
Return to Top
Apply This Update to a Stand-Alone Installation
Follow these instructions to install this update on a single
- Download the update and save it to any folder.
- Close all running Autodesk applications.
- Find the folder where you saved the update and double-click the
executable (EXE) file.
Return to Top
Apply This Update Through a Local Network
Follow these instructions to install this Update on multiple computers using your local network.
- Download this Update and save it to any shared folder on your local network.
- Find the shared folder where you saved the Update, and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Note: Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this Update.
Return to Top
Apply This Update to a Network Administrative Image
The following method of distributing the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update applies only to administrative images created with the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 Network Installation wizard. After you complete this procedure, any new deployments of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 will have the update applied to them automatically. For complete information on updating a Network Administrative Image please see the Autodesk Installation Administrator's Guide.
To apply the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update to an existing Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 administrative image:
- On the workstation where you initially created the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 deployment, open the Tools\ApplyUpdates folder and double-click the Update - [deployment name] shortcut icon.
- On the Updates tab on Application Manager, select Civil 3D 2018.2 and click Add, then close the Application Manager.
Now any new deployments of Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 will have the update applied to them automatically.
Return to Top
Follow these instructions to uninstall this update on a single
- Insert the product media (for example, the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D installation disc) or make sure the installation source files are available.
- In Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a Program, select View Installed Updates.
- Under the Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 heading, right-click on Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update and choose Uninstall.
It is not possible to uninstall the update if the installation source is a network administrative image with Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.2 Update merged.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2017 Autodesk, Inc.