This readme contains the latest information for Autodesk
Plant 3D 2018.1.1 Update. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you install this product.
IMPORTANT:If you have Plant 3D 2018.1 Update installed, it must be uninstalled. Plant 3D 2018.1.1 Update can then be installed successfully.
Collaboration Project Workflow Improvements
Valve Operator Improvements
- Fixed an issue when modifications were made to the operator assignments in catalog valves and subsequent updating of the spec didn't update the valves with the new operator assignments.
- Fixed an issue where adding or removing sizes from a valve in the spec editor removed the operator assignments and operators could not be assigned to those valves.
Ortho Workflow Improvements
- When a new ortho cube view has pipes cut by the edge of the boundary of the ortho cube, pipe break symbols are displayed in the ortho view. To accommodate the symbols, the view port is enlarged to include them.
- Fixed an issue when creating an orthographic drawing with a pipe system that has existing piping and connectors, where the connectors were added to the "new" piping layer instead of the 'existing' piping layer.
- Fixed an issue with the Ortho BOM where placing a part with an SO end type caused an extra row to be generated in the Ortho BOM table in a Ortho drawing.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ortho BOM annotations to run slowly.
Catalog Builder Fixes
- Fixed an issue with exporting to Excel and importing that data into Catalog Builder.
P&ID Feature Improvement
- Fixed an issue where an Off Page Connector (OPC) couldn't connect to the other OPC which was on the pipeline without the full line number.
- Fixed an issue where there was a connected line number missing when a PPL pipeline connected to a PSW pipeline.
- Fixed an issue with Spool drawings when assigning a gasket with a spool number and using a spool number from a 3D model.
- You can now right-click in the Lines section of the Export PCF dialog box to use the Select all Lines/Clear all lines feature.
- Fixed an issue where the Iso message placed on elbow results in NOT INSUL annotation in the isometric.
- Added Duration and Total Line numbers updated to the reporting in the Isometric Creation Results dialog box.
- Fixed an issue so that partial line number searches work correctly when creating Iso.
- Removed unnecessary information from the Iso Log.
- Fixed an issue when a pipe had insulation and was open ended (no connections), the isometric drawing would generate an unexpected insulation break annotation.
- Fixed a spool issue when including FW & FFW.
- Fixed an issue where the Iso end connection annotation when split at StubLappedJoint would not be displayed.
- Fixed an issue with tap connections for all supports in the PCF with a zero value.
- Fixed an issue with Isometric dimensions, coordinates and elevations that did not add up correctly.
- Added REFERENCED-ITEM to Reference Dimension in PCF.
- Fixed an issue where the bolts are shorter than they are supposed to be when routing a flange and pipe from a nozzle.
- Fixed an issue where the TP hatch disappears when the image size was enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where changing the property "Spec Part" in the P&ID didn't trigger the mapped properties' update.
- Fixed an issue where geometry values are not updated from catalog to spec.
- Fixed an issue when modifying a joint to allow for matching values, the corresponding filters for the connectors were not modified.
- Fixed an issue where the valve length was not updated by spec update command.
- The spec part family acquired from the P&ID drawing when placing the part from the P&ID line list is now available in Plant 3D piping.
- Fixed an issue when adding a matching value through the Project Setup UI for a connection, the resulting query written to the XML restricts the joint to only work for those values.
- Fixed an issue where the Ortho Path setting was not being saved in the Project Settings.
- Fixed an issue where the settings for Plant Content Sharing in project setup weren't saved.
Before You Begin
As you prepare to install this Update, keep the following in mind:
- Back Up Custom Files: It is recommended that you back up all custom CUIX, MNR, and MNL files before you apply this Update.
- Administrative Privileges: During installation, you will be prompted for the original installation media or a network image. To apply this Update, you must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall products.
- Network Deployment: Administrators can deploy this Update over a network using the Deployment Wizard.
- About Your Product: After you install the Update, updated product information displays in the About dialog box.
- Reboot: After you install, it is recommended to reboot your system even if not prompted.
Apply This Update to a Stand-Alone Installation
Follow these instructions to install this Update on a single computer.
- Download this Update and save it to any folder.
- If required, insert the product media (for example, the AutoCAD installation disc).
- Find the folder where you saved the Update and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
Apply This Update Through a Local Network
Follow these instructions to install this Update on multiple computers using your local network.
- Download this Update and save it to any shared folder on your local network.
- Find the shared folder where you saved the Update, and double-click the executable (EXE) file.
NOTE:Installation through your local network using the CAD Manager Control Utility is not supported for this Update.
Uninstall This Update
Windows 7 / Windows 8
- From the Start menu (Windows), click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Find the appropriate update and click Uninstall.