Autodesk® PowerMill® 2018
Release Notes - PowerMill 2018 Readme
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Autodesk PowerMill 2018. This readme highlights significant new improvements and provides useful information for operating PowerMill.
New ribbon interface
- The user interface now adopts the modern ribbon style, providing a less cluttered and more intuitive user experience.
Dynamic machine control within a region
- Adds the ability to edit localised regions of a toolpath to use alternative toolaxis settings with smooth interpolation between regions. (Premium and Ultimate only)
Improved stock simulation
- Improved dynamic ViewMill with higher image quality and tool holder collision detection.
- Editable turning toolpaths.
- Additional turning-friendly leads and links.
- Automatic collision checking of turning toolpaths.
- Apply turning toolpaths to stock models.
Enhanced 2D programming
- Collision avoidance for 2D area clearance toolpaths.
- New “top fillet” and “feature finishing” toolpath types.
3D offset finishing “centreline”
- Include additional toolpath segments in the corners of 3D offset finishing toolpaths.
Surface-based feed rate
- Edit the feed rate for toolpath points where the tool contacts pre-defined groups of surfaces. This includes providing a user-defined transition distance.
Blisk toolaxis modes
- Apply blisk-style toolaxis modes to non-BBI toolpath types. (Ultimate only)
For further information about Autodesk PowerMill and its system requirements please visit
Autodesk PowerMill is a trademark of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We thank all of our customers who identified these issues and reported them
to Autodesk. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and
provide you with the best solutions for modeling for manufacture. Autodesk also thanks
you for your continued support and feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk PowerMill Product Team
Copyright © 2017 Autodesk, Inc.