Autodesk PowerShape 2018.2 Update
Autodesk PowerShape 2018.2 Update Readme
In a continuing effort to provide high quality products, this update introduces new fixes or addresses issues pertaining to the release. This readme contains information about the fixes contained in this update.
- Custom tabs and the Quick Access Toolbar can now be configured to have commands and macros
- Solid faces can be selected by colour from the Solid Manage tab
- For English, documentation is now available online
- The tooltip for levels now also display information regarding the contents of the level
- Autodesk's crash error reporting is now available in PowerShape
- Various other bug fixes
- This update includes a fix to allow signing in to the new Shared Views feature.
- This update includes a new feature, Shared Views, which allows collaboration on a representation of a model/project within a web browser. Using a link provided by you, anyone can view and comment on a Shared View without needing to have an Autodesk product installed. Shared Views is only available to subscription users.
- The navigation bar has been reinstated in the Browser window
- Resolved an issue affecting the usage of the Hole dialog for users with 4K monitors
- Various other bug fixes
- Fix the size of custom toolbars
- Increased the separation distance in the Core/Cavity Separation tool
- Maintained the hole surface lock so that a pattern of holes locks onto a planar surface similar to a single hole
- Stopped PowerShape crashing when editing a parameter used multiple times in a constrained sketch
- Fixed Explorer issue leading to the loss of the plus and minus buttons in the tree
- Translated the ViewCube in the Portuguese and Slovak locales
- Fixed bugs relating to ribbon tooltips which could lead to a crash
- Resolved issues leading to window entries being incorrectly greyed out under Arrange & Switch on the View tab
- Stopped a crash which occurred on start up if custom toolbar entries did not exist
- Fixed a couple of issues resulting in a potential crash on import/export
- Various other bugs fixes
Note [S] denotes Standard, [P] denotes Premium and [U] denotes Ultimate
- Fixed a crash in solid conversion [S] [P] [U]
- Resolved a problem resulting in a crash when attempting to wrap a mesh on to a solid [P] [U]
- Ensured Electrode Wizard can handle commas as decimal separators [P] [U]
- Fixed a bug which could lead to rib fillets not being created [S] [P] [U]
- Made sure apply and accept are available when editing through holes [S] [P] [U]
- Fixed a crash when trying to triangulate a surface with corrupt trim data [S] [P] [U]
- Fixed bugs related to the display of the level toolbar and restored tooltips [S] [P] [U]
- Resolved a problem with custom toolbars which resulted in some buttons not working [S] [P] [U]
- Enabled Solid Tools Manage tab if solids are selected when the Material dialog is raised [S] [P] [U]
- Reinstated dynamic previews for font and style combo boxes [S] [P] [U]
- Fixed the problem resulting in text always being drawn white [S] [P] [U]
- Tidied the Customise Ribbon/Quick Access Toolbar dialog [S] [P] [U]
- Updated the Explorer view to use the new ribbon icons [S] [P] [U]
- Fixed a couple of bugs that could lead to crashes when importing data with trimming issues [S] [P] [U]
- Ensured there are no unnecessary model updates [S] [P] [U]
- Various other small bugs fixes [S] [P] [U]
- This Hot Fix contains changes to the programs installation and registry entries to allow further updates to be applied.
- If this Hot Fix isn't applied, then users will be unable to receive further updates through the Autodesk Desktop App.
- When the Hot Fix has been applied and the program is running the 'Help > About' dialog will display 'Version: 2018.0.1.18110'.
For further information about Autodesk PowerShape and its system requirements please visit
We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them
to Autodesk. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and
provide you with the best solutions for modeling for manufacture. Autodesk also thanks
you for your continued support and feedback regarding the content of this update release.
Autodesk PowerShape Product Team
Copyright © 2017 Autodesk, Inc.