This readme contains the latest information for Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2019. For reference, save or print this document. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you install this product. Because Autodesk® Civil 3D® includes Autodesk® AutoCAD® and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D, it is recommended that you also review those readmes.
AutoCAD 2019 Readme
AutoCAD Map 3D 2019 Readme
- Detailed installation information can be found in the Autodesk Civil 3D installation Help topics.
- It's recommended that you first install all Microsoft® Windows® updates prior to installing Autodesk Civil 3D 2019.
- Please close all applications prior to installing Autodesk Civil 3D 2019.
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 can be installed side-by-side with prior versions of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Prior Version Interoperability and DWG Format
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 uses the AutoCAD 2018 drawing format.
- Drawings saved in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019 can be opened in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.
- Fixed vertical curves created with the Fixed Vertical Curve (Parabolic, High/Low Point, Parameter, Length) and Fixed Vertical Curve (Circular, High/Low Point, Parameter, Length) commands are not backward compatible with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018. For more information, see the Interoperability Between Versions Help topic.
Finding Information About New and Improved Features in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019
- Information about new and improved features can be found in the New Features Help topic.
- Product Help is available online and is not installed with the product by default. If you don't have continuous access to the Internet and you want to install Help locally, you can go to https://www.autodesk.com/civil3d-helpdownload-2019-eng to download and install the offline Help. An Internet connection is required for downloading the Help for offline access.
- The Autodesk Knowledge Network includes a variety of resources in the areas of support, learning and community.
- Autodesk Screencast is a simple way to capture and share product workflows including video, audio and commands that are used in Autodesk Civil 3D.
Known Issues and Limitations
- If you plan to install Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture 2019 and Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2019 on the same computer, install Civil 3D 2019 first. If Civil 3D 2019 is installed after AutoCAD Architecture 2019, an error will occur if you attempt to export an alignment to the Industry Foundation Class (IFC) format from Civil 3D.
- If the tool palette which contains the subassemblies used for rehab corridors (named New Rehab by default) is deleted, the rehab corridor creation and editing commands will not operate correctly. To restore the tool palette, reinstall Autodesk Civil 3D 2019.
- When they're opened in Autodesk Civil 3D 2019, drawings that were created using the DWT files included in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 may default to showing the <None> page setup in the Plot dialog box and do not retain the name of a new selection (they return to the <None> selection) if you select a different page setup from the list. For information about how to resolve this issue, see the Interoperability Between Versions Help topic.
- Autodesk® InfraWorks® models must be upgraded to the InfraWorks 2019 release version before they can be opened in Autodesk® Civil 3D® 2019. If you attempt to open an InfraWorks model in Civil 3D 2019 that needs to be upgraded, an error message will be displayed at the command line. Open the model in InfraWorks 2019 to upgrade it and then close the model before opening it in Civil 3D 2019.
NOTE:To close an InfraWorks model, open a different model in InfraWorks or close InfraWorks.
Copyright © 2018 Autodesk, Inc.