Autodesk® Nesting Utility 2019.2 Update
Nesting Utility 2019.2 Update Readme
As part of its ongoing commitment to high-quality products and services, Autodesk has released Autodesk Nesting Utility 2019.2 Update. This Readme contains important information about new features and known issues in this release.
- Flat pattern extraction now supported for AnyCAD files (such as STL) saved as IPT files, as well as IPT files exported from Autodesk TruPlan.
- Improvements to Layer mapping for extracting source file geometry:
- Automatic retrieval of sources file layer names.
- Extract results preview.
- Support for layer mapping export to DXF.
- Support for Autodesk Vault.
- Improved reports, now in HTML format.
- Bind Material and shape properties to Nesting results.
- Improvements for setting Job QTY per assembly when creating a nest.
Return to Top
- Several crashes when extracting DWG files in the Sources dialog box.
- No warnings when creating a nest with a shape that does not fit on the sheet.
- Job QTY cannot exceed 99.
- Extract part from assembly will set the QTY as 1 if its original quantity is 0.
- Comments are empty for Nesting result.
- Need better default values for deviation, increment, and item separation to improve performance.
- Shape QTY doesn't update to reflect the changes in an IAM file.
- Multi-edit does not work well.
- Sorting does not work by Max X / Max Y in Create Nest and Edit Nest dialog boxes.
- Inventor document-level material names cannot be extracted; workaround: enter the material name in the Process Material Library
- When checking into Vault, you must re-save the legacy INEST file to avoid losing link relationships.
- The Create Nest command might be missing from the context menu if you manually loaded Nesting Utility; workaround: restart Inventor.
- Extracting IAM files will fail if one IPT file is missing; to fix this, you must first resolve the link in the IAM file.
- Non-English characters will not display as expected in the HTML report.
- Localization is not supported when editing configuration files for layer extraction.
- Undo and Redo might not always work as expected.
We thank all of our customers who identified these issues and reported them to Autodesk. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solutions in mechanical design. Autodesk also thanks you for your continued support and feedback regarding the content of this release.
The Autodesk Nesting Utility Product Team
Return to Top
Copyright© 2018 Autodesk, Inc.