Readme for Autodesk® Structural Precast Extension for Revit® 2020
This readme contains the latest information regarding this release of the software. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before installing.
Before installing this update please make sure that Autodesk Revit is not running.
NOTE: Structural Precast for Revit 2020 only works with Revit 2020.1 and any future minor releases of Revit 2020.
To install the Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2020
To successfully install and run Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2020, you must have Autodesk Revit 2020 installed on your computer. See Revit Structural Precast for Revit System Requirements for more details.
1. Verify that you have administrator rights on your workstation
2. Open the Autodesk Desktop App to update to the most recent installer.
3. Close all active Windows applications.
4. Run the Structural Precast for Revit installer and follow the instructions of the installer.
NOTE: The Autodesk Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2020 will be installed once you install the update from the Autodesk Desktop App. You may need to restart your system to activate the plug-in.
To uninstall Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2020
To uninstall Autodesk Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2020, exit the Autodesk product if you are currently running it and uninstall the product from 'Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features' or Add/Remove Programs, just as you would uninstall any other application from your system.
1. Click Start > Control Panel in the Windows task bar.
2. Click Programs > Programs and Features.
3. Locate and select Structural Precast for Revit 2020.
4. Click Uninstall in the Structural Precast for Revit 2020 uninstall dialog.
5. Follow the instructions in the uninstaller to complete the uninstall process.
We encourage you to take advantage of the following new features available in this extension:
· Automatically split, reinforce, and create fabrication instructions for precast double walls.